Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Haul Post, 1 of 2! *more confetti!*

Today, I have for you the hauls from my recent swaps. First up, is Michelles swap. I sent her a bottle of 'Oops...', a bottle of Wet n Wild 'Black Magic' and Candeo's 'South Street'. You can read the post, with pictures HERE.

In return, she sent me a bottle of KB Shimmer's 'Summer Sun', Models Own 'Mixed Up' and....shock of shockers, a real life bottle of Max Factor 'Fantasy Fire'. Can you believe that? I couldn't. I opened her box after a VERY long day in Washington DC, I could barely keep my eyes open long enough to tear open her bubble mailer. (Embarassingly enough, seeing what was inside wasn't enough to wake me up, isn't that awful?) 

TIME FOR PICTURES!
Bottle Shots

Models Own 'Mixed Up'

Bottom of the bottle

I LOVE the sparkle of the colors in this one!

BLACK GLITTER! YAY!

I'm sorry. I am SO sorry about how messy this is. This is two coats over a bare nail, no top coat. This was a rough swatch, with a very thirsty glitter. It took a while to get off, but not worse than a chunky Lacquistry.

Overall the application of Mixed Up was what you would expect from any glitter in a clear base. It went on pretty evenly, with a little pushing around to cover any bald spots. It was VERY thirsty, and would definitely need a coat of Gelous and a coat or two of any quick dry TC to smooth her out.

KB Shimmer 'Summer Sun' 

Opaque in two average coats, this is two coats with no TC on a semi-opaque nail wheel.

'Summer Sun' is a  shimmery golden yellow base with micro and small sized pink hexes. There was a small touch of holo in the glitters, but nothing too strong, the colors were never overpowered by it. Application was extremely easy, you could get away with one coat of SV or Poshe TC and it would be completely smooth. 

Bottle shot of Fantasy Fire.

I have only swatched Fantasy Fire in my last post, as soon as I feel my nails are worthy I'll do a full mani with her. I don't want to waste any of it when I have a lot of swatching to do.

Thank you SO MUCH Michelle! I have a feeling I'll be swapping with you again soon!

Check Michelle's blog out over here, but odds are if you're reading this, 
you already know who she is.









No comments:

Post a Comment